Effective Date: January 1, 2015
Personal Information Collected
- When you register an account, use our services, use our Interactive Forum, or make a purchase, you voluntarily share certain personal information with us (e.g., your name, e-mail address, address, mobile number, and/or credit card information).
- You may provide us with additional personal information (e.g., regarding your employment history, skills and work interests) when you view and interact with our features, and functionality.
Tracking Technologies (Cookies)
- We use tracking technologies such as cookies and other similar technologies to measure usage and provide information that will be of most interest to you.
- We may collect additional information from you if you access our Sites through a mobile device (e.g. unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier).
Uses and Retention
- To operate our Site and contact you and third parties at your request.
Disclosure of Information
- By using this Site you agree that we may share your personal information and other information we collect with the following entities:
(1) PostalExam and the rest of our Corporate Family; (2) our service providers; (3) other entities, such as potential employers or job posting third party websites, with your consent; (4) legal and law enforcement; (5) others if there is a change of control; (6) ad networks; (7) companies in the mobile app industry; and (8) social networks.
Your Information Choices
- You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from PostalExam on the Site.
Access and Review Options
- You can change your information at any time by editing your profile, deleting content that you have posted, or by closing your account. You can also ask us for additional information we may have about your account at support@PostalExam.com.
- We may retain certain information if required by law.
Notification Regarding Updates
Effective Date: January 1, 2015
- Scope and Consent
- Information We Collect
- a) Registration, Product and Account Information:You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information (i.e., name, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, credit card information or physical contact information) about yourself. If you register for an account with us, create an email account using our platform, or use some of our products and services you choose to give us your personal information and are not anonymous to us. When you register an account or use certain of our products and services, create a profile, search for or purchase products, create an email account on our Site, or otherwise engage with our Site, you may provide certain non-public information (e.g., username and e-mail address). You may also provide payment information (e.g., credit or debit card information, name and billing address) to purchase products. Personal information is only associated with your account/profile when you sign in as a registered user.
b)Information to respond to your requests: You may give us your personal information so we can send you newsletters and other communications you request. To be removed from our database, and/or unsubscribe from our future emails, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to be removed from our database.
- c) Social Media Information:We may offer sign-on services that allow you to use third-party login credentials to access the Site. We also may offer services that allow you to share information with third-party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and others.
d)Information About Others/Inviting Friends: From time to time you may choose to submit personal information about other people to invite them to join PostalExam. Inviting friends is always optional.
e)Information From Other Sources: The information we collect may be combined with information from outside records (e.g., demographic information, navigation information, additional contact information) that we have acquired in accordance with the law.
f)Mobile Information: We may collect additional information from you if you access our Site through a mobile device (e.g. your unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier, location or GPS/geo-location, mobile number, your text messages, e-mails or e-mail address, user name, call logs, contacts/address book, financial or payment information, web browsing history, apps downloaded or used, and stored information on your device such as video, audio, photos, calendar, dialer, microphone, your phone’s name, biometric data, passwords, children’s information political interests, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership).
g)Technical Usage Information: When you visit our Site, we collect usage information sent to us by your computer, mobile, or other access device that tells us how you are using the Site including video-viewing, site views, key stroke data, mouse movement, scrolling, clicks, and typing (“usage information”). We use tracking technologies (including cookies, flash cookies, web beacons/GIFs, embedded scripts, e-tags/cache browsers) to collect usage information. We may use tracking technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
Operationally-Necessary. We may use tracking technologies required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, improve security or allow you to make use of shopping cart functionality. We are not required to obtain your consent to tracking technologies that are operationally necessary.
Functionality-Related. We may use tracking technologies to tell us, for example, whether you have visited the website before or if you are a new visitor and to help us identify the features in which you may have the greatest interest.
Targeting-Related. We may use tracking technologies to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our online service and third-party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements or content as well as track the content you access (including video viewing).
We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
Our goal is to collect and use only that information that we think is required for our legitimate business interests, in order to better understand your interests and improve your experience of using the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site for up to two years or third party social media.
3.Uses and Retention
- a) Operate Our Site:We use the information collected and any e-mail account you might create on our platform using PostalExam to (i) respond to your requests; (ii) provide customer service (e.g., to fulfill product orders made by you, to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile or the Site, administer a contest, sweepstakes or promotion, or to provide information to third parties at your request such as potential employers, job matching services or third party websites, or other career related services); (iii) personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising or job-related advertising, that we believe may be of most interest to you; (iv) improve the Site; (v) give you information about your account; and (v) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
- b) Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information:We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
- d) Communicate With You and Third Parties at Your Request:We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account, or to comply with your stated communication preferences, or to provide other services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, or to contact you for other purposes authorized by law. If you have chosen to participate in some of our career building Services, the information you share with us may be provided to third parties such as (i) employers or recruiters who might contact you about career opportunities, (ii) employers seeking candidates and/or (iii) other career service providers.
We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. You consent to our retention of your video viewing tracking data for as long as permissible under applicable law – up to one year after you close your account or otherwise withdraw consent for video tracking.
- Your Choices
- a) Opting Out of Promotional Messages:You may choose not to receive our promotional communications or you may opt out of our sharing information with third parties for marketing purposes by clicking the “My Account” tab and clicking the “My Settings” and “Preferences” tabs. You may also click the unsubscribe link in the footer of any e-mail or newsletter. You may also e-mail us at privacy@PostalExam.com.
b ) Site Privacy Settings: Information that you disclose while participating on the Site may be public and subject to redistribution by us and any third-party that reviews your profile or information that you post. You may change preferences for other PostalExam services as set forth in section 8 or by contacting us as set forth in Section 15. Please be aware that PostalExam is not responsible for the uses or copies of your public postings on or through the Site that you make public and are downloaded by third parties.
- c) Administrative Messages Cannot Be Deleted:You may not opt-out of administrative e-mails (for example e-mails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
- e) Deactivation or Deletion of Your User Content/Account:You may request that we deactivate or delete your account by e-mailing us at privacy@PostalExam.com. When you request that your account be cancelled or deleted your User Content, will no longer be available to you or visible to users from PostalExam Applications but if any of your User Content, including your personal information, was previously accessed by others using PostalExam Applications, we are unable to delete the information from their systems. When you deactivate your account or ask that we delete your User Content on PostalExam Applications we will retain logs and non-personally identifiable information about you along with an archival copy of your information, which is not accessible by you or third parties on PostalExam Applications but which might be used by us for recordkeeping and internal purposes, including enforcing these Terms and demographic, reporting and research purposes.
- f) Timing and Third Parties:We will endeavor to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably possible but please note that changes requested of us may not be effective immediately. Unless required by law, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including without limitation our third party service providers, potential employers, job-posting sites you authorize us to contact on your behalf, or strategic or marketing partners) with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
Information collected on the Site may be shared with:
- a) The PostalExam Corporate Family:We may share the information we collect about you with the PostalExam corporate family and their and our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as with third party suppliers. The information may be disclosed (i) to provide joint content and our services (e.g., registration, transactions, employment or education opportunities, analytics and customer support); (ii) to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (iii) to guide decisions about our PostalExam or third party’s products, sites, applications, services, tools, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in e-mail communications.
- b) Service Providers and Other Third Parties:We may disclose your information to service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, payment processing, and site analytics and operations). With your authorization, we may also share your information with potential employers, career/job-posting websites.
- c) Other Entities with your Consent:Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (such as employers, recruiters or job posting third party websites or others about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
- d) Legal and Law Enforcement:Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other PostalExam user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, e-mail address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- g) Companies In The Mobile App Industry:If you access the Site through a mobile device or app, we may also share your information with Carriers, operating systems and platforms.
6.Information You Share on the Site.
- a) Other services: If you use the Site, PostalExam may create a universal application derived from the information you provide on the Site that will be visible to potential employers who have immediate needs for prospects as well as visitors to the Site. Therefore, your Site Profile may be publically viewable. You may elect to have your Profile restricted to registered users only by following the instructions on the Site for that particular setting. You agree that employers and PostalExam will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by e-mail and/or SMS text and you understand that this consent is not a condition to having access to the Site or PostalExam services. Message and data rates may apply.
- Tracking Technologies (Cookies)
When you visit the Site, we and our business partners may use tracking technologies to enhance your online experience or customize our offerings.
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (cookies):
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- We encode and protect the tracking technologies that PostalExam sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them
- You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third party service providers, that we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our web site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- You also may encounter tracking technologies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page).
- We may target and track the videos you view on the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
8.Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
- Notice to California Residents
a)California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. To make such a request, please contact us at support@PostalExam.com. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
- b) California Business & Professions Code Section 22575 (b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how PostalExam responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. PostalExam does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
- Third Parties
Our Site may contain links to other third party websites and PostalExam may provide services that share information with third party sites for your job search. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third party sites.
We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States and around the world. We maintain reasonable technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information is accurate.
- Children’s Privacy
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
- International Transfer
- Notification Regarding Updates.
- Contact Us
If your questions are not answered online, you may e-mail us at privacy@PostalExam.com, or write to us at PostalExam.org, c/o Greener Grass LLC, 16192 Coastal Hwy, Lewes, DE 19958, or using the contact us form on the Site.